The sense of smell in humans is a powerful one. Strong and distinct scents have been used in Aromatherapy since ages, for providing relief from various mental and physical ailments. When we talk about strong scents, Essential Oils are unavoidable. Essential Oils are basically pure extracts derived from leaves, stems, roots, flowers, barks or other parts of a plant. Essential Oils are widely used in the manufacture of cosmetics, disinfectants, bath soaps perfumes, etc. Essential Oils are made available in different grades such as Grade A (or therapeutic), Grade B (or food grade), Grade C (cosmetic grade) etc. by reputed Essential Oil Suppliers.
Some Popular Types Of Essential Oils And Their uses are:
- Ajwain Oil- Popular for its medicinal qualities, this Essential oil is distilled from the Ajwain seeds (Carum Copticum seeds).
- Aniseed Oil- This type of Aromatherapy Essential Oil is used to cure insomnia, stimulate appetite and reduce nausea.
- Balsam Peru Oil- It is used as a scenting agent in creams and lotions and is also used by Bishops for blessing.
- Basil Oil-This oil lessens mental stress, stimulates blood circulation and offers relief from allergic reactions.
- Bergamot Oil- It is commercially produced in Italy. The oil has many medicinal properties.
- Cardamom Oil- This oil is widely used in aromatherapy as well as ayurvedic medicines. Cardamom Oil is known to kill bacteria in the digestive system and is used as a digestive tonic.
- Chamomile Oil- This essential oil type treats muscular pain, sprains, inflamed tendons and swollen joints.
- Kewra Oil- It contains a rich aroma and is used in many perfumes.
- Lavender Oil- This oil is widely used to make potpourris.
- Rose Oil- Rose Oil is commonly used in Aromatherapy and treats disorders of female reproductive system.
Essential Oils are not only a source of fragrance, but also carry major medicinal properties and can be used in aromatherapy products, perfumes and etc. Purchasing essential oil from Aromatherapy Essential Oil Manufacturers is recommended to ensure that you get the best quality products at the best prices.